My glib phrase: "Creating a more caring/sharing society in Hastings requires no external money and will see us through to 80% of the Improvement"

When I write that I want to be part of the (re?)building of a more caring/sharing Hastings, what does this glib phrase mean?
Caring:
I guess it means a place where people care eg when a crime has been committed about what they can do to create the conditions whereby it is less likely to happen again.
In Hastings, have I done enough to show I care?
Not yet; I've started though. Thus:
In Hastings has Tescos done enough to show they care?
  • Well, I wonder how the community feels(?) about the fact that a tenth of the money raised so far (ie £1K of £10K) has Tescos name on it as the benefactor of http://hpwrt.co.uk
Sharing:
In Hastings, what do we share? 
I speak for myself below:
  • Then, following the lead of Mark Boyle as The Moneyless Man, I experimented with re-labelling myself The Lend It All Man ; so that Hastings will have at least one resident willing to share everything he owns.
I wrote to a Hastings correspondent the following this morning, and welcome back your comments:
"Much as a value criticism as a fuel and way of modifying my plans, I'm particularly intrigued (from a series of emails from you) by the tone / sense of some annoyance with my plans and or my assumptions/ways of working.
I'm also intrigued by the extent that you believe the issues in Hastings are around lack of money, rather than that 80% of the improvement is possible without government money; just by creating a caring/sharing society there (which is my hypothesis)."
Please add a comment below:

Other pages on this blog:
Home
Mediation Support at Southwater Community Centre
Action for Happiness -A Good Week
Paul C -AKA Lend-It-All Man
Why Move to Hastings?

1 comment:

Paul Crosland said...

Do I have the stamina to live the pipe-dream of being an agent of change in creating a caring-sharing society in Hastings?
A friend wrote: "I begin to speculate on the causes of slow implementation; competing value bases, newness claiming preowned territory, people full enough with their own take on things. And I notice my energy drain away and wonder if this was similar for you too as you approached the task?"