Sussex People's Justice -launched 5th November - will be based on the winning idea at the 2010 Social Innovation Camp (www.jailbrake.org)

At the 2010 Social Innovation Camp, the team I was in, led by Aleksi Knuutila, won the competition for the web/mobile phone based idea most likely to reduce youth offending/ youth custody.
The judges of www.jailbrake.org were from:
  • The Youth Justice Board
  • The Prison Reform Trust
  • The Police Improvement Agency
  • Foyer Housing Foundation

Jailbrake 2010 from The People Speak on Vimeo.

NB I introduce my passion for Restorative Justice 2 minutes and 44 seconds into the above video, and go on to summarise some of the personal experience that led to that passion and my time as Restorative Justice Co-ordinator working in HMP Bristol; a job which I took up after a lovely holiday spent in Hastings in 2007.
More information about how People's Justice will work in Hastings here.
What I see myself as doing in Hastings is showcasing the idea that anyone can start a conversation about a crime, or other incident in which they have been embroiled and that the outcomes of such conversations will be unexpected and usually beneficial to a number of people. Time will tell if the service due to be launched on Bonfire Night proves this process and it's benefits in a Sussex town.

No comments: